Friday, December 17, 2010

Rib City N. Ft Myers, FL

Tonight we when to Rib City in N.Ft.Myers for dinner. I have to admit that I am enjoying going out to eat more. Its not just about the food anymore, but about the experience. I am finding that service is really really good lately.
Our server was Angel, and she was an angel. She was helpful while being unobtrusive. Tonight my date and I both had the Wednesday special St. Louis Ribs with Beef /Chicken/Pork, garlic bread and 2 sides for 13.99
As you can see that is way more food then I can eat, but I have at least two more meals from it so I think I did very well indeed.
Rib City has 3 different barbecue sauces, Sweet, A vinegar base and a Carolina Mustard based. I did not add any sauce to my meat, finding it perfect just as it was. It was a "wet" barbecue (meaning that it is cooked with sauce rather then a dry rub). The ribs were very tender and tasty. I was able to eat 2 ribs, a bite of Cole slaw and a bite of baked beans before I was to full to eat anything else. To check out the menu for what they have to offer you can go to http://www.ribcity.com/menu.html

For Breakfast tomorrow I will heat some of the Sliced beef and egg, lunch I will probably eat a couple more ribs and share the rest with my daughter and son-in-law.
This really is way to much food for a bariatric patient, but I really wanted the ribs tonight...I would not usually order this much food, but they did not have a senior menu to order from and did not offer ribs on the children's menu. It does state on the menu that the children's menu is for children who are 4 and younger, and I did not think to ask if they make exceptions to that rule under certain situations. Next time I will, though with the service we got tonight I can't help but think that they would do their best to accommodate special request.
Even though it was closing time when we finished eating, they did not rush us out. We sat there talking for some time after we finished our meal. At some point we looked around and realised that we were the last diners there. The food was wonderful. The service could not be better, the price was right especially for the amount of food we were given... I am looking forward to returning in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment