Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Carrabba's

http://www.carrabbas.com/
Tonight a friend and I went to Carrabba's for dinner. I have to say that we had a wonderful time. It was the first time I had ever eaten at Carrabba's and I was really impressed.
An attentive Brian was our waiter, who if I say so myself was one of the best waiters I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Carrabba's does not have sweet tea on the menu but Brian brought my friend sweet tea, which pretty much guaranteed him a good tip.
The atmosphere was cosy. Low lighting, music that I noticed was played in a loop, (but thankfully not Christmas music), Lots of dark wood with an open kitchen. As our waiter pointed out not a microwave in sight.
I ordered the sausage and lentil soup and the crab cakes from the appetizer menu. Because of the WLS I can not eat a lot of food, so I tend to order off the appetizer menu and sometimes off the seniors menu or even off the children's menu at times.
My cup of Sausage and Lentil soup was wonderful. A little on the spicy side for me, but the flavor was one of the best I have ever had. I will actually be experimenting at home trying to replicate this soup in the very near future.
For my entree I had two cakes made with jumbo lump crab meat, with roasted red bell pepper sauce. I have to admit that I believe that this was the best crab cake I have ever had. The crab meat tasted fresh and was real crab, not imitation.  There was some onion and garlic, but nothing over shadowed the freshness of the crab. The roasted red bell pepper sauce was a little on the spicy side but was a perfect compliment to the crab cakes.
I had about a third of my soup, mostly broth because I wanted to save room for the crab cakes of which I was able to eat one of the two. It really was wonderful and both my friend and I plan on making it one of our favorite places to eat and you can bet we are going to request Brian when we do. I have a wonderful lunch for tomorrow since I brought what I could not eat home with me, so I get to remember my experience all over again.  Dining out need not be feared when you have bariatric surgery. I have found something I could order off of every menu in every restaurant I have been in since I have had my surgery, even when I was still on liquids I was able to order the broth from the french onion soup and I loved it. Good Food, Good Conversation, Good Service... How can you not love that, and I save money now to....
Hope to see you next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment