Thursday, December 30, 2010

Famous Dave's

Last Night we went to Famous Dave's barbeque on Cleveland Ave in South Ft. Myers. I was surprised to see that there was a line and we had to wait about 30 minutes or so for a table. We really did not mind the wait at all since we were having a good time listening to the music on the sound system, (Blues, which I adore) and people watching. I was happy to see the economy start to turn around and things start to get back to normal for this time of year in our area. Once we were seated our drink orders were taken right away. As busy as they were with several large groups of diners I was truly impressed with our service. Our server was Amanda, a cute and bubbly server who helped to make our experience a pleasure.

 There were many extended families and large groups enjoying the fare at Famous Dave's last night which was nice to see. The service was great. While we were waiting for our table the hostess kept us informed and apologised for the wait. Never once did we feel like we were forgotten or that we were just a number waiting to be seated.

Now to get down to business so to speak. Famous Dave's has a new menu right now that I think is fantastic. It is perfect for those of us who are watching our calories and portion sizes. It's called "pigalisious". The menu includes appetizers, entries, and deserts. I actually ordered two of the appetizers because I could not make up my mind which one I wanted to try. Of course I could not eat both of them, but I did get to try each one. As you can see from the pictures I was so excited that I forgot to take the pictures until after I had eaten.
The first one was 6 barbeque wings with celery sticks, carrot sticks and a side of ranch dressing. I had it with the sweet and sassy sauce, and the flavor was really good. I think next time I will order them with out the sauce since they were so moist and that would give me more control over my calories. I ate 3 of the wings and savored each and every bite. The flavor was just that good.
The other appetizer I ordered was the Barbeque shrimp. I got 5 large shrimp with spicy breading and the sweet and sassy sauce. Again I think next time I will have them bring it to me with out the sauce and apply it myself at the table. The flavor was to die for, and the shrimp was prepared perfectly. The spicy breading was a little to spicy for me,but my date thought that it was perfectly seasoned. Both appetizers were just $4.00 each, which is a price that just can not be beat (and why I felt that I could order both instead of having to choose between the two). I ended up eating 3 of the chicken wings and 2 of the shrimp and was more then satisfied with out becoming to full. Because it was basically all protein I was satisfied the rest of the night.

Per normal for us we lingered over our meal and ended up being there til closing. Never once did we feel rushed and even though we had finished eating our meal our server Amanda kept my dates iced tea flowing.
We had a very pleasant evening and truly enjoyed our meals. From the music playing on the sound system, to the people watching, ( several cute little ones) to the great service, to the flavorful food perfectly prepared, to the good conversation and great company, it was a perfect meal indeed. I fully encourage anyone who has had bariatric surgery, ( and no longer on liquids or soft foods) to give Famous Dave's "pigalisious" menu a try; I firmly believe you will enjoy both the food and the price.
You can check them out on line at http://www.famousdaves.com/

1 comment:

  1. Don't quit blogging D!!
    It's a bold, radical act to be a person of size
    who is not ashamed to talk about feeding herself well. I'll be eating Creole tomorrow night :-)

    ReplyDelete