Saturday, December 25, 2010

Perkins Family Restruants

Finding somewhere to eat on Christmas morning is not all that easy. We finally ended up at Perkins Family Restaurant on Homestead in Lehigh Acres, FL. I have to say the place was doing a brisk business this morning, in other words, the place was packed with people and families who had the same idea that we had. After getting to bed so late last night, I did not feel like cooking this morning. We have done our family Christmas on Christmas Eve ever since my children were very young and they still love the tradition. A house full of kids of all ages... everyone had a really good time, and it was great being with most of my children and all of my grandchildren.
So we find ourselves at Perkins for breakfast. In spite of how busy they were, we were seated rather quickly. The service was OK.. not great, not terrible. Our food came in a timely fashion, and was OK. There really is not a lot you can do to mess up eggs over easy, sausage links, breakfast fries and a biscuit with sausage gravy. Otherwise known as the "Country Biscuit and Eggs". Now this is Dining Out Bariatric Style, so you know there is no way I could possibly eat all that food. I did have one of the eggs, one of the sausage links, a couple of the potatoes bites and a bite of the biscuit and gravy. Making sure I ate the good stuff first, and bringing home the rest.

Eating at Perkins is kind of what you expect it to be. A good place to get decent food, at a decent price. with decent service. Nothing really stellar, but nothing horrible either... it is what it is and for today, Christmas Morning, the cooks and the servers and the managers and all who showed up to serve people like me who had no desire to cook but wanted a good meal... I am grateful and wish them all a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
For the Perkins Menu you can go to http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/menu

1 comment:

  1. I was watching the comedy show 'Parks and Recreation' last night and Leslie and Ron were eating breakfast for dinner. They wondered why people would go to a diner and order anything besides breakfast! Love that some major protein options are always available at a Pancake House like Perkins or IHop. Love me some sausage and eggs :-)

    ReplyDelete