Thursday, December 23, 2010

Boat House Bar and Grill, Ft Myers

 Boathouse Bar and Grill
This I have to admit was not my first visit to Boathouse Bar and Grill on Daniels Parkway, next to I-75 in Ft, Myers. The first time was right before I had surgery and I had the clam chowder that was excellent. We really enjoyed our visit there, had great food, great service at a great price and that is why we chose to return tonight.
I wish we hadn't as this is going to be my first blog on a restaurant that is not really a positive one.
In spite of the place was almost empty,two other tables with guests and about 6 others at the bar, the service was very slow. We were told to sit anywhere, and our drinks were ordered in a timely fashion, and our orders were taken as well... then we waited... and waited... and waited.


Then our meal came... I had ordered the clam chowder because of my memory for the time we were here before... and it was not the same soup. The one before was wonderful with an awesome clam taste. It was more brothy, not thick at all, with what seemed like fresh clams strips. Tonight I could have gotten better clam chowder at home out of a can. At least it would not have been over loaded with bacon...I had a couple of spoonfuls and that was it. It was overly salty ( probably from the bacon) and did not seem to have any clams in it at all, and basically it just tasted like scalded soup with to much bacon.
For my meal I ordered the Crab Cake Margarita
2 cakes pan fried jumbo lump crab meat served with a tequila lime aiolo. My question is where was the "jumbo lump crab meat"? The one crab cake that I did eat did not have any lump crab meat in it...My first blog was on the crab cakes at Carrabba's where you could actually see the crab meat.. instead of asking "Where's the beef?" I was left asking "Where's the Crab?".
To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. The service was lacking completely and the meal was just not all that great. I don't think that I will be going back there in the near future. Which is really disappointing since our first visit was a really good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment